Should I have more kids?

I got to my 3rd year of college and my husband was living six hours away cuz he was in the military, so I applied to a college closer n got excepted. Then he got orders for the UK and I chose to halt school and go with him. We got pregnant right before we left the states (planned). And now have a 14 month old. My DH wants 2+ children. So, I asked him that we have them here since I don't want a huge age gap and I plan to finish college and become a doctor. I don't want to be having small babies to take care of in med school! He agrees and says that he's ready for our second, but then anytime I bring it up, he gets really stressed out and we have a long conversation that always leads to him saying, you're right, this is the best time to have more. The last time he said, I want another, but I want to stop talking about it completely cuz it stresses me out.

Do you think this is a bad sign?

Flippindadaisie

Asked by Flippindadaisie at 12:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think that he is just worried about the timing, maybe wait a few months and then bring up the topic again.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 8:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i would wait till you both feel good about it because it sounds like he is just saying yes to keep u happy
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No, he probably just doesn't want to talk about it...it's just one more thing to think about.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• To clarify, I'm happy with only having one child. It's him who wants more. But I'm a SAHM right now, and I breastfed DD and found that working and pumping was the most stress I've ever had, I can't imagine an infant while I'm in college.
    Flippindadaisie

Comment by Flippindadaisie (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• IDK
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 12:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think he might be trying to make you happy. But maybe he is just a little over whelmed with everything work wise, a young kid and having a wife. I would sit down cook him a nice meal and try to enjoy a quiet evening alone and then talk it over. Give him the poz and negatives.. and let him know that everything will be okay. That you have thought about this and if thats what he is sure he wants then you 2 can go though with it. It should be a good mutual agreement for you both. Just make sure its what you BOTH WANT
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 1:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• wait under things settle down.
    grey4onyx

Answer by grey4onyx at 2:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Go to college and have another baby later. I think your husband is subconscioulsy telling you that he does not want another child at this time. If he is not wanting to talk about it because it stresses him out, that would be a red flag for me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• You said you were in your 3rd year of college when you quit. So I take it it was your junior year. I would say go back and finish your senior year so you can at least get your bachelor's degree. Then you have the opinion of continuing to med school, having more kids and going to med school later or never going to med school and trying something else. At least when you have your bachelor's, you'll have more options.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• These ladies have some good answers. Give yourself and him some time to breathe and think about what you really want and what is best for your family. Good luck!
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010