What is the difference between and atheist and a pagan?

Just curious

Mamitaocupada

Asked by Mamitaocupada at 12:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• atheist - believes in NO god
    pagan - believes in GODS/GODDESSES
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• An atheist does not believe in any form of G-d or divine being. Pagans do believe in the divine and have rituals to celebrate different seasons and to honor their diety.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Atheists don't believe in Higher Powers, Afterlife or most Spiritual things.
    Pagans tend to believe in that and more. For example I believe in limitless numbers of Gods and Goddesses, Reincarnation, Magick and Fate... If I were Atheist I wouldn't believe in any of that.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• – collapse
    An atheist doesn't believe in any kind of God. A pagan worships the devil.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• "An atheist doesn't believe in any kind of God. A pagan worships the devil."

No they don't! Typical Pagans believe in the dichotomy of good in evil in nature. There is a dark side to every light, a shadow to every shine.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 12:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• An atheist does not believe in any deity or higher power.

A pagan practices things that are not conventional to monotheistic religions. We are not people of the book.
    Pagans do not worship "the devil" as he does not exist in our thinking, he is a manifestation of monotheistic religion.

Truth does not require belief. Faith does not require truth.
    greenergypsy

Answer by greenergypsy at 1:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• An atheist doesn't believe in any kind of God. A pagan worships the devil.

I am a Pagan and I can tell you that the devil is a concept from the followers of the Abrahamic religions. We do not believe in the devil at all so HOW do you come to the ASSumption that we worship him?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

Don't worry, sweetie, while you take it upon yourself to do the job of your god and judge everyone for him, rest assured that somewhere is another Christian who is sure you are doing it wrong and you are bound straight for Hell. But just fyi, the only people who worship the devil are Christian - nobody else believes in him.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• To the person who said pagans worship the devil....

I'd like to add that actually ONLY Christians and Islams have an evil God in their teachings as far as religions that are still being practiced today.
    Even though the original question has been answered, I'll add that atheists do not believe in God, Pagans believe in many gods/goddesses.
    ErinRenee815

Answer by ErinRenee815 at 6:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think some atheist do believe in spirits just not a higher power, some witches are atheists but also believe in spirits, I don't know if this makes them a true atheist or not.

Pagans do believe in the higher powers of Gods/Goddess

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2010