just a fun but serious question.

so i'm 38 weeks pregnant and tonight i went over my sisters house with my boyfriend for dinner and a movie. we were watching the movie and i was cuddling with my boyfriend, well i sat up cause i got a little uncomfortable and my sister jokingly says "are you in labor" i just laughed and said "no" then my bil(sisters husband) laughs and says "no if your water breaks on my couch i get your new recliner". we all had a good laugh but it got me thinking, if your water breaks on a friends or family members furniture would you feel obligated to pay for the damage or buy a new couch/chair for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't replace it but I'd probably rent a steam cleaner and clean the spot for them ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• lol just have it shampood
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I probably would....lol I would be totally embarassed! haha
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think the movies make people believe that this huge avalanche of body secretions come flying out of your vagina when your water breaks. The truth is that it feels more like a period or needing to go to the bathroom. You probably wouldn't ruin anything while sitting on it unless you ignore your feelings. So to answer your question, yes, I would feel obligated to at least offer to professionally clean their upholstery under normal circumstances. If I bled all over their couch, I would be more concerned with the baby than the couch. So should your BIL at that point. But I would fully expect my family to insist that I go to the hospital and talk about furniture much later. If I truly messed up their furniture and not just dirtied up one cushion, then I would replace it after I got left the hospital.
    sillymoo

Answer by sillymoo at 12:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't buy them a whole new piece of furniture, but I would definitely pay to get it cleaned. But I know if this happened on one of my family member's pieces of furniture, they wouldn't care. They'd laugh and be too excited about the baby coming!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2010