How do you get rid of moles?

I havent hated an animal as much as this one! They eat everything! Every morning I find new holes. They eat my garden everynight. I have animals and children so I cant do posion but what else can I do?

desertgurl02

Asked by desertgurl02 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Home & Garden

• ACK! I thought you meant the moles you get on your body! I had prepared what I was going to say when I read that it's the animal, lol. I have NO advice for you on that. I've only ever seen one once my whole life. Good luck!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• PIN WHEELS! HONEST, get some of the pinwheels you can stick in the ground, near where the moles are, or their tunnels... you may have seen them in people's yards. Like sunflower shaped, or pink flamingo shaped... You can get any kind... this really helps! If you want, you can put them around the plants you want the moles to stay away. Garden stores will have them.
    Keriokeeee

Answer by Keriokeeee at 7:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• There are a couple of things you can try. They do sell mole traps that sit mostly above ground and basically drop a spike or blade into the mole hole as it passes underneath. you can also buy mole baits (poison that is shaped like little grubs) that you poke down into there tunnel and hope they eat, or just castor beans will do the same thing (they are both poisonous but you stick them down in the hole instead of sprinkling it on top of the ground if that helps.
    jennileet

Answer by jennileet at 1:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2008