Really bad canker sores...

I have been really stressed out lately. I haven't been eating hardly at all or getting adequate rest. For the last couple of days, I've had canker sores on my gums. I've had those since I was little. Now, I'm getting the same crater like lesions down there. I know it isn't an STD since I have been tested. What is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• wow, I have no clue, but it sounds painful! I would talk to your doctor ASAP!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• sounds like my reaction to acidic fruits like oranges, lemons, and basically any other tangy fruit.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Canker sores can be caused by so many things that it is hard to say what is causing them for you. Tomatoes, especially canned tomato sauce is a cause, as well as alcohol and mouth wash as they really dry out your mouth. Crest toothpaste is guaranteed to cause anyone in my family canker sores, but we can use Colgate. You might find the opposite is true for you. You just have to try different brands. Any sort of soft drinks, especially diet, cause canker sores. Ironically, drinking orange or grapefruit juice is supposed to help this. I try drinking more OJ when I don't have canker sores but it is just intolerable when I have them.
    sillymoo

Answer by sillymoo at 1:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• are you sure they are canker sores and not herpes? no offense. i just know like cold sores are a form of herpes, and it may just be genetic, not an STD. but i would definately get it checked.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would get checked by a dr first to make sure what you have. If they are canker sores, get some L-lysine from any store that carries health products, I know you can buy it at Walmart., it's in the vitamin aisle. My Mom had a horrible time with it, she started taking L-lysine daily and hasn't had any problems with canker or cold sores since then.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2010