gas and co leaking...

I work in a pizza restaurant and for a week or so we have been smelling gas. Then today it was really really bad. I was working the oven all day and after a few hours I got so sick. Headache, dizzy, sick to my stomach. Eventually someone called vectren and the guy came out and said the oven was leaking gas and CO. He said it wasn't dangerous amounts but enoug to make everyone sick. He made us shut down until we could get the oven fixed. And our owner got mad at us! Like it was our fault the oven was leaking. He didn't want us to shut down. Apparnelty it would have been better to let all of us be poisioned or spmething. And yesterday an outlet was shooting out sparks! It's a wonder the whole ace didn't just blow up. What else were we supposed to do? I can't believe they got so mad. I've been away from there for 5 hours and I still feel sick. I guess employees aren't as important asmoney...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you got that right.
    but you did the right thing- very dangerous.
    can you call a labor board, or is it OSHA? this is a unsafe working condition.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I HATE employers like that. I'm sure it's discouraging, but seriously...there's no reason to take it out on your employees. He sounds like he's the type that doesn't maintain his business??
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• You need to find another job. And then you need to call your state and report that idiot for hazardous working conditions. If you smell gas, you are supposed to leave immediately, not wait several days.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• What an idiot... sounds like he needs a complete inspection of his restaurant too and maybe needs to be shut down if he doesn't want to take care of problems that could potentially KILL people!
    CherBearCM

Answer by CherBearCM at 1:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2010