Are there any Family Law lawyers on here? Preferably ones who know about Oregon law.

krystie-tina

Asked by krystie-tina at 1:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in About CafeMom

• What kind of info are you looking for?
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Well I need to know if my DH can legally sign over his rights without an adoption? He was 15 and thinks he signed over his parental rights but doesn't know for sure. It's really complicated.
    krystie-tina

Comment by krystie-tina (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm a paralegal so can't really answer legal questions. But do you know if his name is listed on the birth certificate?? And I'm not sure signing over your rights at the age of 15 would make anything legally valid. You really need to get a lawyer to help you out with this. Hopefully you can find one on here that can help you. I will give you a bump. Good luck to you.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes his name is one the birth certificate. I don't have money for a lawyer and don't know how to go about getting legal advice. :( Thank you!
    krystie-tina

Comment by krystie-tina (original poster) at 3:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• You might try this website and see if it helps at all http://www.attorney-help.us/?gclid=CK3v9ZK85aICFQonbAodNAzExw
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2010