Saw my dad's buddy not with his wife, but another lady..should I say something?

was in a casino this afternoon and saw my dad's buddy with a diff lady. I took pics behind them for evidence purposes...but is it right for me to intervene? If I was in my dad's buddy's wife situation I think I would totally need to know. I've been cheated by my DH a few years ago..I know it hurts to know the truth, but should I tell???

WhiteLies24

Asked by WhiteLies24 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• If it's your dads buddy, I would let him know and he can set his friend straight - I wouldn't tell the wife!!!!! (if it comes down to it, and your dad won't do it, I might confront the buddy and let him know he needs to come clean or you will talk to her. She needs to know, but let him have the chance of telling her himself)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 1:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If you feel the need to intervene you should talk to your dad's buddy about what you saw. Sometimes we can jump to conclusions that are inaccurate. If you feel that he is lying than let him know that you feel that way and you may have to talk to his wife. If you are not direct and come to that person directly its gossip.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• How did you find out when you were being cheated on? I ask because I often think of the saying, Don't Kill the Messenger. Sometimes when people aren't ready for the truth they take it out on the person delivering the information. Are you sure you saw "cheating" going on? Maybe you might discuss this with your dad and ask if he knows.

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i would go to her, sorry im gonna be blunt with this but she needs to know, he could bring her back std at the worst...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• that's ur dads buddy not ur dad leave it alone its no ur buisness. Y r u w ur dh still if he cheated on u
    TexasPride85

Answer by TexasPride85 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am a woman with mostly male friends. I really wouldn't care if someone told my husband that they saw me with another man because he would already know about it. But I would assume that you are a gossip monger if you came to me and said, "OMG!!! I saw your SO with another woman!" In this day and age, it could be a job interview and you would really screw it up for him if you confronted him then and there. Unless you are very close friends with this person, mention it to someone who is a close friend and leave it at that. It really could be none of your business.
    sillymoo

Answer by sillymoo at 2:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would tell your Dad first, maybe he can ask the guy about it. Unless you saw them making out, you don't know that he's cheating. You could come off looking like a nosey gossip if the lady turns out to be his sister that was in from out of town. I live right next to a casino and we take all of our out of town visitors there. I might very well be there with my brother or uncle while hubby is watching the kids. It would really rub me the wrong way if someone took pics and sent them to my hubby. I would think that person had a screw loose. However if he *was* cheating, I'd agree that she needs to know. So tell your Dad and see what happens.
    ErinRenee815

Answer by ErinRenee815 at 6:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would go to your dad's friend, show him the pictures & say "If you don't tell her, i will"

Let him have the oppurtunity to man up.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• You'd feel pretty silly if the w already knew. I go places with friends from high school who are married. Their wives know and also know I don't want their man, we're just friends. Talk with dad

Answer by admckenzie at 9:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Could it have been his sister, cousin, friend, aunt, co-worker? Were they kissing on each other? Do you know every little detail about his marriage? Do you know if they have an open marriage? You do NOT know enough about them to assume that he is cheating so leave it alone.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010