I havent nursed in just over 24 hours my left boob is aching bad. is that normal?

ive cut back feeding to just at night then slowly cut that back. i didnt nurse last night she went to bed on her own.
is it normal for your boob to get achy? whats something i can do to relieve the achyness?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep that is normal. Don't do anything or you will just make more milk. If it gets too bad, you can hand express just enough to ease the pain, but it will take longer to dry out then.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• oh yea thats normal, it will get worse then eventually go away, they will feel like bricks, i used to take a warm bath and put a warm rag over them thats what my dr told me to do, it will realese some of the pain also wear a bra with no wire in it its way more comfy!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Normal. Try cold packs to relieve the pain. If you're not planning on nursing anymore at all, put leaves of cabbage in the freezer, then put them in your bra. When they wilt, toss 'em and grab some more. That always helps.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i tried putting a bra on and thought it was WAYY move uncomfy LOL i have a sports bra on... ah
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Warning: avoid heat...it encourages milk production.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• wait i dont plan on nursing THIS child anymore.. but the next ones i have i do.. can i still do the cabbage?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yeah I would actually pump a little out, not only was I weaning my baby, but I was weaning my body. lol. As I was trying to wean my first, my second was born so the milk came in like crazy. But he couldn't breastfeed because of a milk protein allergy. would just pump some out in the morning and at night, then just at night, then I would do less. Then I finally was able to quit without pain. Its really crappy doing it cold turkey, I would not suggest it at all.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes you can do the cabbage, it will just help dry you up this time.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes, you can still do cabbage and breastfeed other babies later. It helps with the swelling I believe.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• ahhi just put a comfy bra on no wiring and two sports bras LMAO... i have REALLY big boobs to begin with. and i have an ice pack on.. NICE! feels great!! LOL

im so sad about stopping :/
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010