weight lost

Ok so I need some help losing weight. my DD is 2 now and i've lost 10 lbs since she was born. I've lost more but then I gain it back. I want to lose 30 lbs by Christmas, which will put me right but what I was before I got pregnant (a little under). I live in FL and most days it almost 100 degrees outside. I don't have a gym membership. I need to get in shape. I will be playing soft ball in august. I thought playing in the spring would of helped me lose weight but it didn't help at all. Any tips (besides eating right) that will help keep off the weight?

Kimora_neko

Asked by Kimora_neko at 2:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Health

• I'm trying to lose weight too, I have been *trying* to eat right lol. Not always so easy for me.. i love carbs.. I don't really have a way to work out, because my vision goes black when I get too hot. But I was 110 before kids 120 after my first and 130 after my second. I've lost a few pounds by changing my diet.. Well what I have changed. My biggest change is I don't eat fast food anymore. At all. I have a wii fit that I use, and I'm trying to take the kids out more, but thats day by day with me depending on how my head feels. =/
    I heard if you go vegan for 30-60 days you can drop weight like crazy. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm considering. Also if you drink lots of water. Anyways I know I'm not much help. But I wanted to say I'm going through it too, and good Luck!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Eating right is hard! We do chick fil a on tuesday nights for family nights. (free kids meal and stuff for kids to do) it started when my DH went on deployment too kept DD busy and not thinking about daddy not being here but now its a habit. I get a soup and a drink now but man I hate it. I have asthma so i'm limited to what I can do. I had an attack for the frist time in years while I was playing soft ball. I also have the wii fit plus but finding time to work on it is my problem. The time I have is like now, when its 2am and I should be sleeping!
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 2:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Oh! and I wish I was 130! my goal is 150 by christmas.
    Kimora_neko

• I know, usually when I do get the time and energy and motivation to play on my wii my babies are all over it too. haha. And thanks for saying you wish you were my size, it makes me smile a little. I'm not at all gloating I really just can't stand myself in the mirror anymore. The longer it takes to lose the weight the worse I feel. I'm at a point now where I blame myself for being so lazy, even tho Its my body that wont let me. I always think about running, but I don't have a clue what I would do with the boys. =/ I don't want to call grandma every time I want to run or something.. She lives too far away. I just wish I had a better approach to this. lol. Sorry for venting on you, no one else wants to hear it. I hope you get to your goal, and find happiness with yourself, as I hope I do too.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Make sure that you drink a lot of water. Eat a lot of fiber, fresh fruits and veggies. Watch your portions! If you weigh out your food you will be surprised at how much a serving really is of that food. For instance, most people fill up a bowl with cereal when in reality, most cereal portions are between 33-60 grams or 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups.
    If you track your burn and your consumption it will help you lose weight. Find out what your basal metabolic rate is- the # of cals your body needs to be inactive..then find out what your daily caloric needs are- the # of cals your body needs to be active. Drop that # by 500 to lose 1 lb. per week.
    One pound of fat contains 3500 cals, therefore you have to burn an extra 3500 cals a week to lose one pound. It is also essential that you eat enough. If you eat too little, your body will burn muscle instead of fat. That is why you need to know your BMR or starvation mode.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I know it is difficult to work out with health issues.. I have several issues myself. I have hypertension, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and a heart condition called Mitral Valve Prolapse.
    I started tracking my burn and consumption as well as weighing out my food in December. I have lost 45 lbs and only have between 5-10 lbs to go. ( my goal is 111-117 and I am 122 now) I've lost over 20 inches off my body and 6 sizes of clothing. I work out 6 days a week intensely. If you cannot work out intensely, walk and build up. I know it's hot- I live in GA so I understand...I work out in the A/C, but there are times I run- I go early though.
    GL and you can do it!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• how many calories do you drink? do you stretch? weird how stretching a few times a day puts you in your body. ankle circles are a easy start...getting the shoulders to open up can lead to wanting to move more. I try and burn 350 cals in sweaty exercise a DAY~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• LucasMama08 - I hope you get to your goal too! and its alright to vent! I don't mind. I blame myself also, I feel like I have time to work out but I just don't. Like today it has been a raininy day all day and on top of that I didn't get to sleep until 3am. So once DD was off at day care I fell asleep on the sofa! (which I never do) I'm thinking about taking ym dog for runs at night after DD is sleeping, that way its cool. but then I talk myself out of it, because I live in a new place (moved in in january) I was looking at pictures of me last night and I really don't like the way I llok so I want to do something about it.
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010