When did your baby start to sleep through the night?

My DD is 7 months old now and still wakes up a few times throughout the night... I'm still waiting for the night when she can all sleep through the night without having her wake up crying.....

urban_baybee

Asked by urban_baybee at 2:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd was sleeping the first nite we got home... has ever since.. thank GOD!! lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Like 15 or 16 months...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My oldest slept through the night since the day I brought him home, Or at least it seemed that way because he slep in my bed and was breastfed so I didn't have to get up to get him. He's been in his own bed since He was one and a half. My 7 month old baby tho has always been in a crib, he was probably three months when he started sleeping through the night. They are both on the same sleeping schedule now, which I LOVE!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• 10-11 months old
    OneBlessedWife

Answer by OneBlessedWife at 2:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My Son is 8months and goes to bed from 9p-8a sometimes later
    wakes up 2 hours after he falls asleep to nurse and 3 hours before he wakes up to nurse.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My son started sleeping through the night around 2-3 months and has been ever since. He is now 18 months.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 3:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• my 1st was 4 months. my second is 3.5 and she will sleep from 730-800pm to around 630-730 am with waking once in between sometimes twice.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 6:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• 8 months, but will sometimes wake up once a night.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• dd has always slept in bed with us and nurses through the night, whenever she needs to. around 5 or 6 weeks old, dd started sleeping 12 hrs/night. she just turned 2 and still sleeps well - about 10-12 hours night with a 2-3 hour nap during the day. yay for bed-sharing and breastfeeding, which have made a decent night's sleep possible for us!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Five hours is considered a sleep through. The VAST majority of babies wake every 3-4 hours on average for needed feeds and/or peeing. They wake more during growth spurts, teething, and new milestones. In the first year, sleep patterns change a lot and a baby may sleep a long stretch one week during a growth spurt and the next wake frequently. All normal. Sleep patterns don't really settle into a more mature pattern until age three or four. Some babies sleep a lot in the first half of the year, but end up waking more later. There is nothing "bad" about a baby that doesn't sleep long stretches of more than four to six hours...they aren't bad sleepers as some say. They are quite normal. It's actually we adults who have forgotten how to sleep effectively because we watch the clock too much.

We breastfeed and co-sleep with a side-carred crib for additional room so its easy to feed / change/potty return to sleep.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2010