What age do you consider old?

My little sister is freaking out because she is turning 20. She says that's old and she's been crying and saying her life is over because she hasn't found Mr. Right yet and blah, blah, blah. She also says that 20 is the age of a mid-life crisis. I am 24 and I still feel young.

My aunt is sad because she will be turning 65 soon. She's says she is at the end of the road...

So basically my family members have been depressing me with their ages.

What do you ladies think????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Old for finding mister right? I guess 30-35... if you want to start a family at least... as far as "old in general" I think that's all relative, my grandmother is 73 and still seems young, active, pretty, etc. I guess if you feel and act old then you're old... if you feel and act young then you're young!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• 20 is far from old. 65 is what i would call old but not the end of the road.
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 2:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Shes just mad she hasn't found her Edward yet. Lmao.

Well My Grand-mother-in-law is turning 75 and she is still quite young. Its not the number really its the attitude.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Oh and one of my grandfathers is 79 and the other is 86 they're both in great shape and look great for their age, they don't really seem or act old. The 79 year old walks a few mile every day even if it's 100 degrees out (I think he's kinda crazy for that!)
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• LOL! You're never too old to find 'Mr. Right'. Ever. I know people who didn't get married til their 40's. My dad's dad got married to his [current] wife after 50. Then there are those people who met and married their spouse in their early 20's (or earlier) who are now divorced and finding their real Mr./Mrs. Right way later.
    I always change my opinion of 'old'. When I was a young teenager, 21 was old. When I was 21, 30 was old. Now that I'll be 30 soon, 65 is old... (lol this gives me more than a decade to get used to the idea. haha!). My grams is 67 and acts like she's 97 but my MIL is 65 and acts like she's 45.
    Age is a state of mind. :)
    I met my DH a couple of months before I turned 24.
    My sister is 21 and not even thinking about marriage.
    It's different for everyone. I hope your sister learns to enjoy her youth. You should too.
    xoxo
    MayMommaToBe

Answer by MayMommaToBe at 2:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm only 18...I think people have different expectations for their life. She might feel like she should at least be with someone at this age...who knows.

I think old for finding mister right and settling down would be 35-40.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• lol a couple of these make me feel like i should be in a old folks home lol. At 20 she is freaking out about being old? She isnt even old enough to drink yet how in the world can she be old lol. by any chance is she the baby of the family? my sister and my SIL both the younges tof 4 were always overly dramatic about everything, Thank goodness now that they are both near and past 30 they have stopped acting like crazy people.

Old to me is 80-90 and even then if you act young then your not old. age is just a number, maturity is a completely different thing.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Well 20's 'old' for anyone under 20, and the same with 30, 40, 50, 60.. they're milestones. I think at 50 you're getting old. Don't tell my mum though ;)
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 4:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't know, I'm only 46 (almost 47).  I'll let you know when I get there.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't believe in sugarcoating so here goes:

If she's truly having a mid-life crisis at 20, that means she'll only have 20 more years to live ... does she really want to spend the rest of that time crying and whining??? At 20, the world is hers for the taking but she rather have a pity-party for herself? Puh-lease! And as far as Mr. Right ... is she of the mind set that she has to have a man in her life to be happy? If so, she's setting herself up for major disappointment; SHE is the only one responsible and capable of making herself happy.

Old is not defined by a number, it's defined by an attitude. I know 25 years old who act as if they've got one foot in the grave already and I know 75 year olds who have the most incredible zest for life ... I'd rather hang around the 75 year old!!!

Your sister needs to get over herself ... and don't buy into the drama of it all, you'll only fuel the fire.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2010