SCIENTOLOGY....

ARE ANY OF SCIENTOLGIST ? WHAT IS IT THAT YAWL BELIEVE IN? I REALLY DONT GET THIS, AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND ITS A CULT.

zeniasmom

Asked by zeniasmom at 2:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• itis a cult i went to them for help all they want is your money and youkeep watchig the same videos all the time they want lotss of mney and ive nbeen told its very dangerous to get involved with these people
    pinky91

Answer by pinky91 at 3:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• REALLY? THATS BAD, I WAS WATCHING SOMETHING ON TV ABOUT , IT THEY ARE KEEPING FAMILYS APART TOO, YOU KNOW LIKE IF YOUR CHILD LEAVES THE PARENTS ARE NOT ALLWOED TO SEE THE KIDS. I AM MOST DIFFENTELY NOT INTERESTED IN JOINING . I AM JUST WONDERING WHAT ITS AL ABOUT, THEY DONT REALLY MAKE IT CLEAR.
    zeniasmom

Comment by zeniasmom (original poster) at 3:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't think there would be any (or at least not many) on CM b/c their internet exposure is highly regulated. My cousin and his wife are scientologists. It is scary and sad how controlling they are. My cousin owed them like $80,000 for the classes they took and to get "cleared."
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 9:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It is a cult... and a scary one, BTW!
    But t each his own, if someone wants to believe that evil galactic ruler Xenu destroyed life on earth 75 million years ago and now we're suffering from the residues of this battle invented by a Sci-Fi writer.. then more power to them...
    And yes, that is actually a Scientologist belief... even if they publicly deny it.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• This subject continues to drive me insane! Scientology is a "new" religious path and because of that they have a small group of followers, but they are entitled to their beliefs just like anyone else. I'm Not a Scientologist, but I have been researching and learning everything I can about them, including chatting with actual believers. And from chatting with them I can tell you there are more misconceptions than not about them and their beliefs.

From my experience they are FAR from a dangerous cult! There are thousands of cults functioning in the US at any point, many of which are very dangerous, this isn't one of them! They aren't even secretive! Visit their website, talk to members and find out for yourself, because as you can see all you'll find is rumor when you talk to those who haven't.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sorry, I ran out of room.

But I also feel it necessary to point out that EVERY religion out there, be they mainstream or not, have members who have left with horror stories! You'll find bad and ugly stories about EVERY path out there! So don't let the bad experience of one person make your decision. There are plenty of happy healthy member of the Church of Scientology!

Visit the website & read through it... Make up your own mind!

http://www.scientology.org
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/scientol.htm

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've been curious about it but haven't gotten around to researching it yet. However, I must say that ALL religions start out as a cult. The layman version of cult is different than the actual definition of a cult. A cult is simply a new religion trying to find it's way. The word cult doesn't necessarily mean bad things are happening.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I find it interesting that so many can label it a cult without actually knowing anything about the beliefs. It's actually less of a religious belief and more a philosophical stance on life which focuses on improving oneself. The Xenu story isn't one of "Historical Fact" but rather one of symbolism. Do you really believe a talking snake convinced a naked woman to eat an apple which cast the human race out of paradise and made them mortal, and the earth is less than 6000 years old or are they stories of symbolism?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• You probably wont find one on here. I saw a special about it on the show "secret lives of women" and it talked about this and other cults. It said the people are convinced that thier family, the internet, phones, everything is corrupt so they are isolated. Then they make them not sleep or eat much but only spend time on the "religion" so that they become brainwashed. Alot of them died or commited suicide or hate Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after leaving. Terrible story.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• yesterday I found a website that details all beliefs and practices of scientologists, mormons, etc. but i cant seem to find it again...it was interesting. but id say any "religion" that requires as much money as scientology, or that asks a laundry list of questions about your personal life so they have blackmail material if you leave is a cult.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 12:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010