Whats the best way to tell your and his family your pregnant

im 8 weeks pregnant and im ready to burst inside i wana scream it to the world im pregnant i mean i wasnt trying to get pregnant it just happened but im happy about it. im mainly scared to tell them afraid of what they will do ive already had one battle with the father to be about how he feels and got the honest truth from him now im scared to tell my folks and his and i really need advice on what to do i feel like im all alone so someone please help id be grateful thanks a bunch.

ababy123

Asked by ababy123 at 3:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What I did was call my mom first and tell her I was making a appt with the OBGYN, she was confused like okay? why are you telling me about your vag issues...lol
    She took a second, silence, and BAM "Oh my god your pregnant?!"

just depends on who you tell I guess
    I started with the first closest person then worked my way down the line so my sister was next, she cried and was happy yet sad because she thought she would lose me as a sister but I made sure to be there for her even more to make her feel welcome and not left out, she's 12.

I can only say what I did but I started with closest person first, my mom and my sister
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• We didn't tell anyone until we had the results of the amnio (I was 35)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I had cards made up from Shutterfly. On the front I had a photo of my two dogs sitting surrounded by all their toys. One had a sign that said, "we're getting a new sister" and the other had a sign that said "or brother" around their necks. Then on the inside it said

Birth Date: August 4 plus or minus 2 weeks
    Weight: xxx oz and growing (I looked up what approximate weight the baby was at that point in my pregnancy)
    Length: xxx inches for now (again, I looked up that measurement)

Happy New Year Grandma and Grandpa!

Then I had them mailed out to all the grandparents and waited for them to call us. Once they knew then they told everyone else and my husband called his sister.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2010