i feel so horrible. i think i may have a sleeping problem. im never able to sleep which causes me to sleep a bit later than normal which means my child sleeps late too...

I could lay in bed for HOURS. And will be unable to fall asleep until around 330-4 every night. No matter what. Ive tried waking up earlier and being forced to be tired THEN going to bed earlier, but it doesnt work. This means I wake up late around... 1030-11 and my daughter will too. I can't help it. I don't know what to do. I get tired all throughout the day and feel like passing out, even at work.

Anyone experience this? What did you do? dr? what did they say it was?
Help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• have you tried melatonin? can be found in the pharmacy section of walmart/target/longs
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've had insomnia off and on for years (it's nearing 2 am now, lol), and when it was at its worst, the doctor pinpointed stress. Try looking at your daily habits. Are you drinking caffeine after noon? For some people, they have to stop by 10 am. Myself, I can't sleep if I have it after 2 pm. Do you have too much going through your head? Keep a journal and write down your worries. What are your work hours? Are you working late, then coming home and unwinding by watching TV? The blue light in TV and computers has been shown to be a stimulant so your brain may not be willing to shut down. If nothing else, go see the doctor. I hope you get rest soon; I know how hard it is to work when you're dead tired.
    mictamali

Answer by mictamali at 4:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Talk to your doctor. He/She may suggest you visit a sleep clinic. It's a VERY GOOD IDEA! I was having sleep issues in 2004 and I ROLLED a brand new vehicle with our daughter in the backseat. Thankfully neither if us was injured badly (I had a concussion and spent 2 days in the hospital. But the police officer was shocked to see that we came out of it alive. He said "Your guardian angel was watching over you tonight!" The car was totaled! (It had less than 500 miles on it. INSURANCE COMPANY WAS VERY UNHAPPY!) I went to a sleep clinic where it was determined that I had central sleep apnea.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 8:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2010