Does anyone else get scabs on their scalp?

I'm always getting them. I bathe regularly. I don't pick at my head or anything. I just seem to always have them!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Health

• I know someone else who did and that person was diagnosed with psoriasis (I have no idea if I spelled that right, lol)....

FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 4:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It can be associated with stress and psoriasis too.My aunt used to treat scab with olive oil.She'd apply it daily and leave it for an hour or so before shampooing her hair.It did help her.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 5:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Mine are not Dx'd as anything however when I get my period every month I get a few scabs in my scalp above my ears on each side. There is only a few and I've never mentioned it to my dr so have no clue. My husband gets Psoriasis and his like clusters of dry scabby flakey areas not like what I get.
    Michele975

Answer by Michele975 at 6:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i think its just dry scalp ..do you get dandruff? I notice sometimes i get a couple of spots ..i wouldnt say they are scabs though.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yeah... Not as bad as I used to as a kid though. There was a diagnosis for it.. but I was so young that I don't remember what it is...... Hmm I thought I was the only one that got this. Nice to know there are others. :-D
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It could be your shampoo, my sister can't use certain shampoos and conditioners because she will get scabs and sores on her head. Try changing shampoo, maybe try head and shoulders or something. Also if it doesn't improve ask your doctor next time you see him, and don't pick, that makes it worse. Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I do along my hairline. It is seborrheic dermatitis, which is similar to psoriasis. I use a prescription steroid cream to control it when I have an outbreak. Head and Shoulders shampoo seems to help keep it under control so that I don't break out so often.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• no dandruff, not shampoo...its ALLLLL over my head its a SCAB like i said. its all over :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010