36 weeks pregnant and first baby what r the chances

im 36 weeks pregnant with my first baby ..i had a 3d ultrasound dun today and the ultrasound teck asked me if i had been having contractions and or if i was dilated.i told her not that i know of but i have a dr apoitment in a 10 days..she told me that she was really low and that she could come early.. what would the chances be that i go in to laber at 36 weeks with my first baby i thought they ushaly come late o and she said the baby waight is 4.13 so about 5 pounds

lalaberk1

Asked by lalaberk1 at 4:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• just because the baby was low doesn't mean he/she will be here this week. I don't know the chances, I'm sure you could find some research based on age/weight/race/everything but I wouldn't count on it because the average st pregnancy is 40weeks and some odd days long. I had my son 2days late.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i had my son 5 days late - i had to be induced because he wanted to just stay there. really babies can come early or late.. there is no defined time that someone does gives birth. good luck!!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 4:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Carrying low doens't necessarily mean anything is going to happen. I carried my DS super low the whole time and went 9 days past my due date. Both of my daughters came early and I never dropped until I was in labor with either of them.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 5:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I carried my firstborn EXTREMELY low! The doctor couldn't believe how low he was. I did go about three weeks early but he was quite long and weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces. Like the others said, carrying low doesn't mean anything. Even if he has dropped already - they can drop much earlier with the first one. Good luck!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Shame on the Tech! She is not a medical doctor. At best she is giving you her opinion. Carrying low may just be "your way." And as for the weight she gave you, it's only an estimation. Call your doctor, you shouldn't worry unnecssarily
    echristine2012

Answer by echristine2012 at 5:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I was told if i made it to 36 weeks with my twins they would be considered term i think the tech shouldve kept its mouth shut theres no need to cause you to be stressed over something that could be nothing
    expecting2twins

Answer by expecting2twins at 5:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Just goes to show that ultrasound techs don't know much about pregnancy. The way you carry has NOTHING to do with how soon your baby will be born. My personal experience is that each consecutive pregnancy is carried lower than the first.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i think that being "low" doesn't really mean much, other than you might feel super uncomfy for the next month! but that would be the case no matter what! i think the average for a first baby is 41 weeks, which is when i had my first btw! but my friend had her first at 36 weeks. it's possible but most likely is around 38-42 weeks imo. gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I was convinced my 1st would be late, because almost everyone I had heard of had their 1st late. I was completely shocked when I went into labor at 36 1/2 wks and he was born the day I turned 37 wks! I think that is NOT the 'norm' tho... I wouldn't count on what the tech told you. I thought the tech wasn't even allowed to give advice at all ?! Maybe she was just giving her personal opinion!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010