i got a fine and straight hair what do i use that would add volume to my haiar with out damaging it?

giglebox76

Asked by giglebox76 at 5:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I also have fine and straight hair and I found a product that works very well. There is a line of shampoo and conditioner called Christophe. You can find it at CVS, probably some other drugstores as well. I use the Christophe shampoo and conditioner for fine hair-it has Creatine in it and it works wonderfully. If I want extra volume, I will use some volumizing mousse like Catwalk brand mousse or Big Sexy Hair brand. Hope this helps.
    jlassiter29

Answer by jlassiter29 at 6:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• try going "no 'poo".. i hear it does wonders for hair.
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 12:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Same here, I have 3 different shampoos in my shower and, I alternate between them. Also, I only use conditioners every-other-day. AND I dye/highlight my hair- that seems to add a lot of volume. Lastly, teasing.... is my best friend.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• use a root boaster and a little teasing...

you can't actually add volume to individual strands of hair (sadly) however you can make it appear to have volume..
    a proper cut can also add "volume" to your hair.. a little pencil layering hidden where volume is desired works best.

and no, coloring and highlighting will not actually add volume.. in fact it can reduce volume if not done properly..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Also, blowdry against the direction you are styling at the roots to add lift and volume.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• no shampoo will not help volumize hair..

you just have to know the right products to use.. if you are using "sauve" you might as well just grab some dish soap from your kitchen sink and wash your hair and of course it's not going to give you great results..

If you have oily hair, try a balancing shampoo..

and and know that shampoo is for your scalp.. not to rub from the ends inward..

It's cleaning the excess sebum from your scalp!..

condition from the ends up.. shampoo from the scalp down..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• only in the cases where sebum is not present to very minimal do you cut back on shampooing. (typically it's a problem with coarse and curly hair, however there are a few rare cases of others having a "dry" scalp).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• There is rather new product out there called volumizing hair powder!  It's perfect for adding volume without the product feel.  I just sprinkle mine on before I style, tease it a little and that's it.  The more you mess with it, the better is works.  Here is how it works:

Volumizing Hair Powder

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010