How do you work your direct sales business while working a full time job?

jlassiter29

Asked by jlassiter29 at 6:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would think that you need to be very structured, organized, and goal-oriented.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• a direct sales business doesn't require a full day of work. If you build your list and promote to that list it should require about 10- 15 hours per week. but yes, very organized one must be.
    imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 6:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I do work my business around my full time job and structure and discipline are very important. This is how my evening goes- I get home at 4:30- make supper and eat with the family. By 6pm I start making phone calls to prospect that are interested in my business. I advertise online to help increase my efforts to grow my business because while I am working interested people can still be out looking. From 6 to 7 I do new prospect calls, from 7 to 8 I do follow up calls and from 8 to 9 I do customer orders or training. When I have parties I work those into my schedule on Saturdays if possible. I don't do a lot of parties because I decided to my sales through vendor shows and repeat customer orders. On Sundays I do all my paperwork and get prepared for the next week. I use a calendar and make sure that the times I am working my business are blocked out and I also do the same with family time.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2010