does anyone know how much it cost for a blood test at the heatlh department?

I'm wanting to go today to have the unanswered question answered!

usmcgruntwife

Asked by usmcgruntwife at 6:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Can you just go to the HD and ask for a blood test? I have no clue how much it costs I've never been to the HD for anything before.
    Michele975

Answer by Michele975 at 6:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would imagine that the cost varies. Does yours have a website or ohone number? That would be the BEST way to find out. Also "Dollar Stores" sell home pregnancy tests that I understand are just as accurate as pharmacy tests.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm showing many signs but getting negative hpt!
    usmcgruntwife

Comment by usmcgruntwife (original poster) at 6:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• The health department may do a pregnancy test for free so will Planned Parenthood. Also, you can get pregnancy tests at the dollar store and they are very accurate. My doctor recommends the dollar store ones because they are made by the same companies as EPT etc. In my city, the health department has walkin pregnancy testing everyday. Pregnant or not, they give you a packet of information on healthy eating, vitamins, pregnancy, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• The Health department that I go to bases it on your monthly pay. In which I was able to get it done for free only because I'm a unmarried SAHM.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Thanks
    usmcgruntwife

Comment by usmcgruntwife (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2010