• In the Spotlight:

how many times does your 3.5 month old wake at night? bf or ff?

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 6:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is exactly 3.5 months now, and he is formula fed. For the past few weeks, he had been sleeping from 10:30pm to 5:30am, which was great. Before that he was up once or twice during the night. But, now the last few nights he's been up at least once. Just when I was getting used to a good night's sleep! I heard this is all normal though, oh well.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My son is formula fed. He was sleeping thru the night at 5 weeks old. And by thru the night, I mean from 10pm to 6 am. Scared the tar out of me!! My 11 year old didn't sleep thru the night until he was 5 years old!! My mom said that my sister and I both started sleeping thru the night at about 5 weeks as well.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My daughter slept for a 4-6 hour period (formula fed) when she was 6 weeks old, and it got better after that for a while. She would mostly run 6 hours at a time and that was it for a good couple months more. Then it started happening that she would wake up twice a night for formula. You will find that even with formula feeding, they will go in and out of patterns. Sounds like you have some experience here, more so than I do, but that was what my daughter did. As we speak, she is in our room, two years old (almost three), and crying, wanting attention and to get out of bed. She's been doing that for a couple hours. This is my "good" sleeper too! Good luck.
    boswellsgirl25

Answer by boswellsgirl25 at 7:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I breastfed so both of my sons only slept at the most for about 3 and 1/2 hours between feedings
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• When my daughter was around that age, that was when she started sleeping longer at night. I think she woke about twice a night at that point. She would have one long stretch of about 4-6 hours and then wake once more after about 2-3 hours and then the next time she woke it was a decent time to wake up. She is breastfed. After another month or so, her long stretch was 6-8 hours and she started waking only once.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• At that age around a major growth spurt about every 2 - 3 hours. Before or after the growth spurt around 3-4. Occasionally 5. breastfed.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• At that age he woke once. He went to bed at 9 and woke at 430 and then back to bed till 8-9. He was ff.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My DD is 11 weeks, she has been going to sleep at 9:30-10:30 pm till about 5 am then back down till 9 am after eating. since about 6 weeks.. she is breastfed
    SammiStar

Answer by SammiStar at 7:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010