I am craving horrible greasy foods! I am almost 10 weeks, and all that sounds good to me is fast food or greasy microwave food!!! Is this normal?

I am having moderate morning sickness 95% of the day and its really strange b/c if its good for you, it sounds sickening to me right now!!!

I am trying, really trying, to eat well, but its so hard right now! A huge cheeseburger sounds like fabulous right now!

Isnt this weird, nausea and wanting a big cheeseburger???

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lol! completely normal!!!! i was that way with my 2nd!!! it is 100% fine to cave in sometimes and eat it!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 8:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes it's normal, I'm about 10 weeks also and crave for Mc Donalds Chicken Nuggets with buffalo sauce.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• when i was pregnant..i would eat..puke..and then want to turn around and eat again because i would be starving. Cravings are normal..if you want a cheeseburger go get your cheeseburger.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My entire first pregnancy I craved fountain soda and a hot dog with chili and cole slaw. Not every craving will be good for you and it's perfectly normal. Give in once in a while (it won't hurt you to do it) and fight it the rest of the time. Now, if you start craving raw meat or non food items then talk to your doctor. With my youngest we would go to the grocery store and I would stand in the meat dept. looking at the nice big juicy raw steaks, I swear I was salivating......grossed me out and I talked to the doc, turns out I had anemia and my body wanted some iron!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Both of my pregnancies I ALWAYS craved junk food- My family couldn't believe it, I was horrible. I would have to eat McDonalds steak egg and cheese bagel pretty much everyday or else I was a raging lunatic!! I needed something warm and greasy in my stomach other wise I felt miserable!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• In the beginning of my pregnancy, when I had morning sickness, I had to eat french fries, they were one of the only things I could eat. I was okay with it though, cuz I would just throw them up later anyway :P
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 8:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• LOL. I don't mean to sound cruel,My heart goes out to you!
    I just remember my crazy craving for BACON,Bacon,BACON! When I was pg w/my first. I would stand behind my dh crying as he made it.
    You can't really put normal and pregnancy together. I would say,if you are going between cravings and morning sickness then give into the cravings but don't over do it. ((hugs))
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 8:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It's normal. Too bad when I actually got my hands on those hamburgers I couldn't stand to smell or eat them! lol It was pure torture! I was very sick most of the time too....all I could eat was buttered popcorn, canned chicken noodle soup and bowls of ice cream with toppings on it! lol I rationalized the ice cream because it's dairy/milk, I chopped bananas on it as well as cherries(fruit), and chocolate syrup.. hehe SO GOOD! So find something you love and make it a bit healthier by adding to it or making it in a "light" way....lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• yes its normal all i craved while i was prego was big macs at mc donalds!! Yuck i no, but thats what i wanted!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 9:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• LOL CAGirl4....I have been trying to rationalize it to myself too.....like if I do have a gigantic greasy hamburger....I ask them to put lettuce and tomato on it....hahahahahaha! I call that the salad portion! :)

Thanks ladies I dont feel like such a hog now.... :)
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2010