Are there any jobs available in your town?

limitedtime

Asked by limitedtime at 8:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Actually yes, quite a few. I know the place I work intends to hire 35 new employees in the remainder of this year.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Not really no....all the fast food places aren't hiring, walmart isn't, sears isn't....unless there's somewhere we're missing, we've combed the town and surroundings! It's very discouraging!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• no, not really. i have my associates degree and i can barley find a job anywhere. people are still getting laid off all the time.
    theres a few minimum wage jobs at supermarkets and things like that ...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yeah, there are a lot of job openings for people with no education.... so if you want to make $7.75/hr you're set!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• None
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I heard that 3M is hiring and many Accounting and Finance jobs are available here in the Twin Cities.. In North Carolina IBM is hiring. But I have no information about entry-level or unskilled labor jobs. If the only thing you qualify for are fast food jobs, I would recommend going to college. GOOD LUCK!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• OH yeah, there are always jobs for those willing to do work. The better question would be are there any GOOD jobs that actually pay a liveable wage
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes. I get weekly emails about new IT jobs posted. There are not as many now as there were a few years ago, but there are still jobs here.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• In Utah I searched for a year-applied for a lousy 14 hour a week job at a bread store-and when I went to the interview, I was told that they had 200 applicants in 2 hours and they had to pull the ad...I wasn't hired
    I applied at a brand new walmart they built and had been a cashier for them before-not even a phone call, tried fast foo, cleaning jobs...no luck. searched for a year.
    We just moved to Austin Texas, and I am REALLY hoping there is work here. I will start looking in about another week
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes, in town and at my company as well.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 9:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2010