Why am I so tired?

I have been extremely tired lately. I have been getting enough sleep!!! I am just SOO tired... I also have not been doing anything unusual.

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 9:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Health

• Poor diet, lack of exercise and stress can all make you tired. Sometimes nothing at all in your life changes, but your body decides that it has had enough and you feel more tired than usual. Also, sometimes when you body has decided it has had enough, it can cause other medical issues to develop. For example, any or all of these things, but especially stress, can screw with your hormone levels and when your hormone levels get all out of whack, other things can develop, like your periods will stop, you develop depression or your thyroid can become underactive, etc. Everybody's body responds to stress in their life differently and only you can know what is out of the ordinairy for you, so try to get some extra rest, take your vitamins and ease up on your everyday stress (maybe try some yoga), then, if doing those things doesn't help, see your doctor.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think a lot of us might be so tired from staying up so darn late on Answers!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Are you: taking vitamins? getting too much sleep(should get from 7-9 hours a night)? not getting enough exercise (30 min a day)? eating enough fruits and veggies?

All of that stuff can make you tired. If a change in diet, sleep, and exercise don't make you less tired, I would talk to your doctor, it could be a symptom to a bigger problem.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 9:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Life can have a lot to do with it...if you are depressed about stuff. Not saying you are, but it could be if that's the situation. I find that in my situation. Before I was pregnant and before I started staying up late! lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• vitamin b-12 and iron everyday, take a woman's multi vitamin too! get more exercise and drink LOTS of water and stay away from caffeine drinks and day time naps if possible because that can screw up your sleeping patterns and cause you to not get enough sleep when you're melatonin levels are at there highest and you may be able to sleep but you're not getting rest
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It could be that you have a virus. If this goes on for more than a day or two, get it checked out. You could be anemic, also, or have a glandular malfunction. Stress will do it to you, also. pregnancy. lots of things.

Answer by Bmat at 9:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I feel the same way. I just had a physical and everything was fine. I was told vitamins and exercise might help.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 12:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I know how you feel. Three years ago the same thing happened to me. I was sitting in a doctors office one day and a video was talking about the benefits of fruits and vegetables. Dr William Sears was the spokes person on the video for Juice Plus. Even though I ate fruits and vegetables I decided to try Juice Plus. It helped me so much I became a Rep for the company to be able to share it with others. I sleep better, I lost weight and I have more energy to make it through the day. Go to www.welovejuiceplus.com and see if it's something that you'd like to try.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I feel the same way, always yawing, plenty of sleep, taking vitamines, iron tablets, working out is getting to be a chore being so tired, or is it getting to be that it's Depression, I'm starting to wonder.
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 4:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010