Fighting

My kids are 4 and 7 1/2, and as most siblings do, they bicker...and lately it's alot. Lately things are escalating to more and more hitting, pinching, scratching, kicking, etc. If I ignore it they still do it, if I intervene, they still do it. I heven postpooned a trip down to see myaprents in FL this summer because I cannot handle hours on end in the car with them bickering and fighting.

How all do you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's the one thing I can count on happening each day. My 11 yr old dd & 4 yr old dd go at it. It drives me crazy, my 4 yr old has even taught my 22 month old a few tricks, I don't like, such as the screaming fit', UHG... Or climbing onto the very top of the couch and dropping off. Girls can be harsh, sometimes worse than boys.My 7 yr old son will be 8 Friday & he's not as catty.' IDK, I just try to stay consistent with rules & enforcing time-outs & take away toys they love if they don't listen." One day @ a time.~

Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2010