third trimester no doctor

im at the end of my third trimester and still havent had any doctor visits. i know there are mixed feelings about things like this but obviously i still need to go... but will a regular doctor from a clinic take me for an appointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• probly not, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask. If they say no they can likely recommend a baby dr for you.
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• sweetie you need to see a doctor!! why havent you?call your primary doctor asap and they can help you.it is very important to see a doctor~ you need to know that you and your baby are ok!!
    If you need to talk stop by my page antime
    jodi43

Answer by jodi43 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• What is the reason you havent gone? I agree with jodi43 I think u need to call your family doctor. I'll say a prayer for you and your baby, let me know if there is anything u need help with.
    RMoore22

Answer by RMoore22 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I doubt that an OBGYN can turn you away. If they do, contact you PCP. Lack of medical care is not the end of the world. Our grandmothers grandmothers gave birth in a barn after no medical care, and if they knew the babies weight, it was because they were lucky enough to own a feed scale.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 9:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Your PRIMARY CARE physician can see you too. You are in your 3rd trimester so that baby is coming SOON! Who will deliver it? An ER doc? Not a great idea as they don't know your history or anything about you!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 9:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Oh my God.....how in the world did you decide that you don't need to see a Doctor? Wow. If you think you can't afford to pay for Doctor's visits, then how will you pay for a delivery and why are you having a baby if you are that short on funds??? Or are you just afraid of Doctors? Wow....I am stunned.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• At this point you will most likely go into labor go to the hospital and whom ever is on call will deliver for you. I hope all goes well...prenatal care is paramaount..I hope next time you get your butt to a doctor, and I seriously hope you take your baby to see a pediatricitian.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• What the hell? Of course a doctor's office wouldn't turn you away!!! They may not have room for you (as many OBGYN are booked) but, they will find a place for you to go.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Go to your local Health Department if you have to most have maternity services.
    Michele975

Answer by Michele975 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• not sure about your area, but some dr's might take, some might not
    you can look into getting a midwife. they usually take anyone at any stage of pregnancy regardless of care or not.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010