How would you feel? What would you do?

If your mil came to your house and told you that you are fat and then patted your chin and said oh my your getting a double chin too...must be from staying home and not working!!!
How would you react, what would you have done or said?

I just bit my tounge because i knew that she would be leaving today! we only see her every couple months!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 9:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't say anything because people normally lash out like that because they are jealous or just plain nasty...but I would stick with the jealous part and keep doing whatever it is you are doing. If your husband loves you and there are no problems your MIL can go jump in a river...or off a bridge which ever one is more dangerous. ; )
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i don't think i would say anything because i would be too in shock and dumb founded that someone would actually insult their family member like that
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would probably have looked at her, smiled and said, "I am trying to look like you, I just admire you so much!" And left it at that.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'd tell her to shut her mouth and to get out. I don't put up with crap. Ever!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My MIL lives next door and at my daughters bday party we were looking at some older pics of me and my hubby and she said, "look Kay it's when you had a nice figure!" ... I just told her that she wasn't very nice and left it alone. I just know deep down that she's a dumb b**** :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If my husband were there I would expect that being his mother he would cut in and say something such as "Don't speak to my wife like that EVER again!" if not then realistically I probably would have stared in disbelief first, then move on to evil eye, and then finally say "I can't believe you would say to me, especially in my own home. What's wrong with you?"
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• What did you say? *slap* Just kidding I would tell her Dont ever speak to me like this again! If you dont say anything now she will most likely try to say something rude again....
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 9:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would have told her that she's not invited to come into my house, if she feels like she needs to insult me.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'd probally said, " you bitch", thats just wrong, not a very pleasent person to be around, ahy?I wouldn't do ANYTHING to make her feel comfortable while visiting thats for sure!!!!!!!!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would have slapped her across the face and told her to get the fuck out of my house and never come back!!! Who the hell does she think she is!!!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 9:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2010