Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

re: third trimester no doctor

I had this shocking moment in my life during the time i found out i was pregnant which i didnt even know until i started showing, and i mentally blocked out being pregnant... i always have ate healthy though and have been exercising on a normal basis, etc . I got really stressed out, and just freaked. i am afraid of doctors, but now i am more afraid that i havent gone yet... i really can't talk to any one about what has been going on in my head for the past 7-8 months :( and it sux.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers (12)
  • Call around and find one Drs will understand. I would call a counselor first they will be able to point you to a dr that will not be a jerk to you over not going sooner.


    Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • Get a midwife but at least take prenatal vitamins. You can get those without a prescription.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • The only thing you can do is GET A DR NOW and move forward. They can check out almost everything and maybe put you mind at ease.

    Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 9:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • You need to find a doctor NOW. Scared or not.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • Better late than never :) I also like the idea of a midwife...I personally feel more comfortable with a woman and midwives are usually very compassionate and understanding.

    Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • I'm sorry you've been in this place, I really think you need to find yourself a dr though, it may be difficult to find a dr that will take you though now at this point, but many do, keep trying. Do you have any family or friends, what about the father? Are you very young? I'm sorry you've been all alone in this, but you don't have to be. Tell someone, go to a clinic, get seen by a dr, there are tests they do to make sure baby and you are ok, so that you're prepared when the time comes. I wish I could be where you are and help you through this. Call your local health department- family planning, tell someone your situation they can probably help you get the help you need. Big hugs and I'll be praying for you.

    Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • Well no one can make you go to a doctor. I mean no disrespect when I say you really should see a therapist. If you can't go to a doctor, I worry about the baby surviving should he/she get sick. Are you going to be able to take your baby to the pediatrician?? I don't think you'll have much to worry about if you've eaten healthy and exercised as far as a healthy baby, but this fear you have seems much more serious.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • Try calling your local planned parenthood, perhaps they can recomend a doctor that will see you this late.

    Answer by salexander at 9:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • I had a midwife and loved it. I know having a baby can be SUPER scary and going to the dr is probably right up there underneath that, but if you are scared then your best bet is to be seen to clear your mind. The other woman have really good suggestions. You may even try the heath clinic your county has (if they have one) because sometimes they can help you out to. good luck and it is never a bad thing to reach out, that is the first step.

    Answer by Savymom25 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • I just don't get this.

    Answer by MDT09 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.