My DD Damaged My Car Last Night.....

She wasn't hurt, but my car sure was. She was no doubt at fault. The entire rear quarter panel and back door have to be replaced. We're thinking about making her pay the deductible - $500. What do you think?

mpeada

Asked by mpeada at 9:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• If she wants the pleasure of driving, she gets the responsibilities that come with it. Make her pay.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would say yes... I would definately make her pay...
    humphrf

Answer by humphrf at 9:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't be thinking of making her pay the deductible, she WOULD be paying the deductible. Then I would be taking the keys from her except for school, work or doing errands for me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Absolutely!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If it was her fault then yes she needs to pay for it. It's a lesson to be learned.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• aw little does she know, CM is helping to determine her fate lol

was it her first accident and what did she do to cause it? and how long has she been driving? i think itwould have to determine if it was just careless behavior on her part or something else, before arriving at that conclusion
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• OH YES MAMM! A 500 dollar lesson is much cheaper than her hurt of killed in a future car accident b/c she didnt learn the power of a car!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I made mine pay my deductible when she wrecked a rental car she wasn't supposed to be driving.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If she's old enough to take the responsibility of driving, then she is old enough to pay for the damages
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• HECK YA MAKE HER PAY! At least make her work it off around the house. My DD would be painting walls & cleaning out my garage & then some. OR, if she had a job, i would make her pay me back the $500. It's a wonderful learning lesson for them. Teens need to know they cannot get away with things so easy when they get older. They need to learn to take responsibility for their actions.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2010