Does Pregnancy make you feel less feminine or more feminine?

I am 14 weeks and feel so ugly and disgusting. I can not get over it. I have started to wear some makeup to make me feel better, but it really isn't working. Every girl I see makes my neck hair stand on end (which is the complete opposite of me) and I think my husband (even though he tells me I am still sexy) finds all the other woman irresistible. I was not like this with my first and I am just wondering if any woman experience this and how do you pull through it without losing your mind? I mean it is bad enough that your own clothes no longer fit you and your maternity clothes don't fit yet, so you are stuck in limbo with the few outfits you have and OH MY GOD this is driving me batty. I just want to walk out of the house like I used to....with some confidence.

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I feel your pain. Im 15 weeks and feel like a fat, ugly blob. Yesterday we went to the beach and all around me were these beautiful woman with hot bodies and I just KNOW my husband was looking at them and that made me feel like crap. I actually had tears in my eyes because I felt so uncomfortable and unattractive- luckily I had sunglasses on and no one saw me crying.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am a strange combo of both...while I do feel less attractive and sort of feel like I look cumbersome...lol I also feel more feminine b/c being pregnant is about as feminine as it gets....

Like being pregnant makes me ALL woman and possibly even SUPER woman. hahahahaha :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I felt more like a whale than anything. It's mostly hormones. I still don't feel any more or less feminine than I did before.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I loved being pregnant- well actually I hated it because of the aches and pains and the sickness- but as far as my confidence and how I looked, it was the first time I could be proud to have a belly, kwim? I embraced it and felt good about how I looked.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• IDK. I loved that particular stage of pregnancy. I hated the third trimester. I felt ugly and helpless.
    I felt sexy until I became a blimp.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It never really made me feel much different.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I feel the exact same way!

I don't remember feeling this crappy about the way I feel with my first pregnant and with this one I feel like I look like complete crap! I don't feel sexy, attractive, pretty, nothing. I just don't get it.

I am 16 weeks and just started showing late last week, but it just looks like I gained a couple pounds in my midsection, so now I just look tubby :o(
    jking48444

Answer by jking48444 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Aw. Don't worry. I'm sure plenty of us feel the same. I felt pretty sexy and confident for 90% of my pregnancy but now at the very end when you've put on more than 20 pounds and you feel gigantic, you start feeling ugly and unattractive. My husband tells me he thinks I'm sexy, but I tell him he's full of shit lol.
    Why don't you get yourself a nice outfit to wear out? When I feel crappy I put on something cute, do my hair and put on a little make-up and it does me wonders.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 11:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yeah, I definately felt like that during my second and third trimester. I didn't go away until after the baby was born. There's just no way around it. You don't feel like yourself, look like yourself or move like yourself and then people say the stupidest things to you and it makes it worse. Keep telling yourself it's only temporary/
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I actually feel alot better pregnant except the hip aches and back pains! but i have been going to the pool n beach and wear a bikini like the rest of them lol i feel like being pregnant is he most beautiful time for me but i still have my days where i look in the mirror and am like crap my face looks so puffy and it does bother me a little when everyone i freaking see says omg ur huge i am just like thanks lol
    Kelsmomma123

Answer by Kelsmomma123 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010