thinking of going back to school?

i'm thinking of going back to school..its really a toss up between the two things, and i've lived one of them..i'm looking at teaching (my mom was a high school teacher so i know what that takes), and child psychology..but i'm trying to find out what i need for psychology...what kind of degree does it take..can i take course online?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in

• You can take online courses in most anything. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education, which has helped me a TON with my kids :) I can teach Birth-3rd grade! Fits me perfect!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Get an appointment with a local school and ask what they offer and what is required by your state for the different occupations. Or get in touch with your state dept of ed. Sometimes you need a much more advanced degree in psych to be able to counsel. Good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If you want to be a psychologist or therapist billing insurance you will need a PhD and no you won't be able to do that online.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Unless you're absolutely passionate about psychology (and I believe in following your passion), teaching would be the better course practically. There are more openings for teachers with a bachelor's degree than there are for psychologists with a bachelor's degree, and you get your summers off and vacation when your kids on on vacation.

Good luck!
    Pat
    Amigram.com Life’s Happy Announcements
    Amigram

Answer by Amigram at 2:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010