20/30 vision?

i went to the dr for my 5 yr old and i watched my daughter do her eye exam and she did really good the dr didnt say anything was wrong said she did good but she has 20/30 vision and i didnt know until i went home and read the sheet what is this?? i googled it but it seems like its not a good thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• does she see too well? i have a friend who eyes are too perfect. She can see really far into the distance, farther than most people, but then has a hard time focussing on something close.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think anywhere from 20/15- 20/30 is pretty good. Even so, I always take my kids to an optometrist to get them checked before school starts, not just the regular Dr.'s office.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 4:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• 20/30 is fine. 20/20 is considered "perfect" vision, but optomistrists won't generally prescribe eyeglasses for people whose eyes can see 20/30 and have no other issues.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It means that she can see at 20 feet what others see at 30 feet, so she's a little near sighted. It's nothing to worry about. I'd love to have 20/30 vision. I have 20/300!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010