• In the Spotlight:

Is anyone else wanting to go back to college, but can't figure out what they want to major in?

I am having that problem! I graduated high school in 2007. I got pregnant in 2008 and dropped out of college because I just wasn't read/wasn't really into it. Now I am ready to go back, but am thinking about taking online classes. I have no idea what I want to do! When I was in high school, I wanted to go for Accounting.. but now I don't want to do that. I don't really want to start college without knowing what I want to do.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in

• Call a local college and ask to speak to a career counselor. They can give you help on this. Also, think about what you love to do and if there are occupations that match those favorites. It is so wonderful to do something you really love. Also, look online for the types of careers that have a good job outlook in the future. Go to http://www.bls.gov/oco/ That website has stats on what jobs should be in demand in the future. Good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Ask yourself what you are interested in ... interior design, criminal justice, helping people (human services), psychology, computers ... and then look into what the online classes offer. You could start with a general education major until you decide. There are literally TONS of options.

Good Luck with it!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Thank you! :)
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

Next question in
thinking of going back to school?

Next question overall (School-Age Kids (5-8))
20/30 vision?