Realestate ethics,What do you think?

Just curious. I hired an agent to sell a piece of land,a building lot. The agent called me and gave me an offer from a guy who wanted to buy it. I turned it down. I later am told by the agent that the guy told her he wants her to show him office buildings for his business but since I turned him down he has not gotten w/her. Would you say that would be a conflict of interest?? IDK??

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 10:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• No. Agents work with lots of people all at the same time. I wouldn't be upset if I was working with an agent who was selling, for example, 4 other 3 bedroom houses. Its just kind of how the business goes. Your agent needs more business than just you can provide.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No, conflict of interest would be her trying to sell properties to family & close friends. Some random guy being shown property and not wanting to deal with that agent again because his offer was turned down has nothing to do with that, unless he's her boyfriend or something. He just didn't like that his offer was rejected.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Conflict for whom?
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Agreed with "DarkFaery131"
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If the guy won't do business with her now that she wasn't able to get his offer accepted on the land, then there is a little conflict of interest although not of actual business practice unless she tried to pressure you into taking the offer and has not shown you offers by others who have made them. Then there is actual conflict. But if she hasn't hidden other offers, if she has conducted business as usual on your behalf, is not pressuring you in any way, then no ethical conflict.

Answer by Bmat at 10:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2010