Divorce question for single moms.

If you have kids, what in your opinion has been the hardest part of getting a divorce? I'm headed this way soon and want to prepare myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• ok i have a lot on this and not enough space so please send me a message casue i have done this and my bf sister is going trough it.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 10:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• The hardest part for me, was that my son did not want to see his dad. It was really hard dropping him off, when he was crying and I was having to bribe him to get him to stay there.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'll tell you as a child from divorce. I think that it is horrible that some mothers insist that they have to move out of state with children that don't only belong to them. I think it is awful that some mothers think that a father should only get his children EOW and every other holiday. I think some moms think that the dad should never move on and a future wife can not have anything to do with their children. I can't believe some mothers think they are better at raising children then the children's father when they are exactly the same. I think as long as dad and kids are willing he should get to see as often as he/they want, it is good for the children to have an active father in their lives and mom has no right to take that away. And the biggest slap in the face to me and my sisters, after our mom did this to us. Our parents got remarried, which is great but, it shows that they are/were not working in our best interest.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Hardest part for me was taking a long hard look and realizing what is best in the end for me and my daughter, Then realizing I would have to explain it over and over to my 6 year old girl. But I was honest from the start. But when your little girl comes up to you with a drawing of her running away with her doggy, and off to the corner is a drawing of mommy and daddy yelling, that's when you know a change needs to be made. No matter how hard or how scary it will be. Plus it was either always check phone bills, the internet, never knowing how to trust. Or simply moving on and realizing trust is a hard fabric to sew back together without snags. I'm happy I did move on it has been the best for me and my daughter. But my ex and I remain friends for our daughter.
    sexyjewelrychic

Answer by sexyjewelrychic at 11:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• The hardest part for me was not being able to get my DD to understand why daddy wasn't at home with us anymore. She went through a really bad rough patch, I don't think I handled it right. The divorce was tough and my EX and I hated eachother and we allowed it to effect my DD. For about a year after he moved out, she hated me, she was violent and angry. To the point that she tried to stab me with a fork in Chuck E Cheese. After about a year of me trying to make her feel better, going to counseling, etc. I learned that she wasn't going to be happy until we could be happy around her. Now, my EX and I are on good terms and talk weekly. My DD sees him often and she is happy, its almost as if the divorce never happened... GL mama - I spent many night crying because I knew how bad I hurt my DD...
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 12:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010