Cracking Heels

My daughter (19 months) has started to get really dry and now cracking heels. I put aquaphor on it a few times a day and it seems to help a little but then it comes back. Have any of you dealt with this? Any tips? Thanks!

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Moisturize all the time.........a couple of times a day if needed. During the summer when wearing sandals and going bare foot the feet are really "abused".
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• She may have eczema, and you should talk to your pediatrician about obtaining a prescription topical ointment to address the problem.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Put olive oil on her feet & cover w/ socks @ bed time. Yes it really works!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I deal with it on my feet all the time. It's because I run around barefoot. I use one of those pedi-egg things on them, but for a child I would try one of those large emergy boards for the feet. In the winter, it's easier to put vaseline on the feet and socks over them a few tiems a day, but not comfortable in the summer!!! Of course, could always ask the doctor the safest way to treat it next time you are in. Good luck!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would just put lotion on her feet and cover them up with socks.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• my son gets cracks on his toes and feet also - I was told it was because he hates to be without shoes or socks often enough - so we try to make sure he gets bare feet time and I lotion them up and extra lotion with socks on at night time and its helped a lot. My sons shoes would make his feet sweat so I try to limit the amounts I let him wear his tennis shoes and do mostly sandals at the moment,. winter will be harder of course ...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010