can you live a pretend life and still find some happiness?

husband has fetish interets, we to not see ye to eye on this issue at all
he think that i should just let him do his secret obession and pretend like i do not know
i think i need to leave and start a new life
sucks breakingup family over his sexual fetish, but it is extreme in my book and is getting grosser
can you pretend not to know, live your life together, all the while when you look at him you get sick to your stomach

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• You can't fake happiness. If it bothers you and he's not willing to come to a compromise on it, then its time to go.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Personally, I could not live like that.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Some can...but I question their true happiness. I know that I could not.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would talk to someone before I made the move to get out. But sounds like you have one foot out the door already. Some things can be worked on while other things can not be. Hope it all works out for you.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• You cannot fake happiness, and if what bothers you is that interest in sex you do not partake with, you have a problem, I tend to agree it is time to move on.

Answer by older at 11:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Why not get some help for him so that you can have a life where you don't have to pretend? There is probably something in his past that were it dealt with, he could be free from his fetish. A big part of marriage is helping our mates to overcome the things that would drag them and us down. There is no greater happiness to be found than that found in helping another human being to overcome. This is especially true when that person is the one whom we have chosen to be our life mate. Don't know what the fetish is, but I believe there is help available for all of them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I agree with nanny 8 give us more infromation please
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 1:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010