What is the big deal about your daughter being uncomfortable around a man?

If a child says to you I am uncomfortable around someone. You as a parent should make sure your child is comfortable, I feel sorry for the moms that ignore their child.

To the parents that say I am making a big deal out of a man gawking over my 14 year old breast. A man should not put them selves in a position like that, he asked to see my daughters neckalace, unless it has yankees on it there was no reason for it.... I feel bad for your kids. I asked because one, I know he is a pig, I am uncomfortable around him, two, I will go with my gut and three if two people who never spoke about it because my mom is in heaven right now, say the same thing, they your stupid for not listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• always go with your gut. If someone gives you the creeps then stay away and keep your daughter away! You know what's best for your girl...better to over react and protect your daughter than under react and something happen.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would always trust my daughter instincts. My mom had several perverted boyfriends around us, she wasn't exactly the best mom every tho-
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have to agree with you, I would never put my child in a position to think, that them being uncomfortable around someone meant nothing to me. I would be afraid if I did and something did come up, they would not tell me.
    Follow your gut, stick up for your daughter, and to hell with what anyone else thinks!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sure this was a spin off to a ? I haven't read yet...always listen to your gut instinct! If a man in any situation is making you or your child uncomfortable CONFRONT HIM!!!! Always protect your kid & the fuck w/ what anybody has to say about it. You are her mother & it is your responsibility to protect your kids!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If my DD felt uncomfortable around someone, you can betcha that person would not be around her. When i was 14, i was very over developed. People often mistook me for an 18-20 year old because i was so developed. I had lots of creeps stare at me at that age. My mom was very weary of what men were around me. She had bad experiences in the past & barely trusts men at all anyway.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I agree OP. If your daughter says she uncomfortable around a man, listen to her. I can't believe there are parents that wouldn't!
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Keep your daughter away from him!! You are not wrong to want to do that. I was molested by two of my mom's brothers and she knows about both of them. The first one she did nothing about, the second she called me a liar and is now not talking to me. She is not a good mother and doesn't try to protect her children........
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i agree to trust your gut. i ignored it when i was younger about my aunts boyfriend. turned out he was molesting my cousins. i will never ignore that feeling again. i get it with my stepfather in law and i dont leave my kids with him because of it
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010