What would you do??

Say you had reconnect a couple years back with a good friend from middle school. You've talked on the phone,facebook and text messaged but had not see her face to face in over six years. You know said friend has had a drug problem in the past and has been fighting to stay clean. You know said friend makes some questionable choices at times but has been really sounding like she had a good long stint of being clean and sober going on currently. Then said friend calls you crying saying she's got a medical problem and needs to fill some scripts but has no money and no on will give it to her (mom dad, other friends). She asks you to western union her the money and will pay you back when she gets some check in the follwoing week. If you could squeak the money out would you or would you follow your gut and feel it might not be the right thing to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• no freaking way would i send HER the money. I would call the pharmacy and see if i could pay for the scripts over the phone but thats ALL
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Nope, not me! I don't lend $$$ to friends, it never turns out okay. Especially for this one.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't. I would probably think she was just asking for the money for drugs. Guess I'm a bad friend.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 11:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Follow your gut on this, I'd say you don't have the money and send her to a local church that may help and guide her. And find out what prescriptions she's getting filled. Her dr can give her samples if need be.
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 11:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No. If you have some ideas about how she could get her prescriptions then give her those, but no money. And I'd run like the wind from associating with her.

Answer by Bmat at 11:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Absolutely not. Do not do it.
    If she has a history of addiction you cannot help her.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Nope, I only lend money to GOOD friends. Ones that I have more than an internet/phone relationship with.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would not send her money. If she is crying over prescription pills, then it's obvious she is stil laddicted. If her family wouldn't pay for them, then i doubt those medications are for anything seriously important. No, i would not send her the money. I would just tell her that i don't have it, or i would blame it on my husband & say he does not want to.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Nope. not a chance. 1st, I don't lend people money. If I don't have it to GIVE, then I say I don't have it. But 2nd, if I hadn't talked to her in a long time, I don't really know and I'd feel guilty as hell if I contributed to her drug problems if in fact she still had it.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No, I wouldn't. samurai chica brings up good points...
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2010