Angelina Jolie??? A part time parent.

I heard her on Good Morning America promoting her movie. But she was talking about how they someday might want more children. But they were so tired and barely got any sleep. That the nannies only come during the day. But she was honored to care for her children. It bothered me because I think of the people who are caring for their children without the nannies and providing a quality life for their kids. They only care for their own children at night?

Does it bother you when people are part time parents and think their life is so tough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, that is why I stopped watching that "Nine By Design" show b/c she had all those children but NEEDED sleep at night and had to get all these nannies- gawd, give me a break!
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• While I am no fan of Angelina Jolie, she is not a part time parent, she is a full time parent....but she is a working mother. Working mothers are not "part time parents" She's not getting any sleep just like most parents, its a common complaint, I don't consider that she thinks her life is so tough. Working moms and stay at home moms all have challenges and they are all great moms.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It doesnt bother me because I know my kids are well taken care of :)
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 11:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Poor celebrities have it so hard with the nannies, cooks, maids, aerobics instructors that help them get back into shape in 3 months...Nope, I don't feel sorry for them but they do provide plenty of entertainment for their children in the form of money bought toys.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Seems to me, you are being a bit over judgmental. My opinion is that parenting is not a competitive sport and if their children are loved and taken care of, what business is it of mine how that gets done?
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Not really. There is no way to truly know the situation and how involved they are other than what the media presents. And we all know how accurate that is! I refrain from making judgments because unless a kid is being abused its just not my business.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have mixed emotions on this situation- I think yes she spends a little less time then she should with her kids. But all moms who hire and spend lots of money to have there children taken care of doesnt make them bad moms. It makes them smart to know they cant do it all themselves. I am a stay at home mom and as a celeberty she isnt able to do that. But she is a good mom she loves kids and adopts them from all over the world to better there lives. WE cant judge her because of the nannies because I would have them too if I had that many kids and could afford it..
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think her children have a much better life now than they did in an orphanage over seas. It's not the ideal life for a child, but it's still a HUGE improvement IMO.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes, I heard her too. Poor baby has to care for her own children at night with no help. She tries to talk like she is this wonderful mother because she is helping all of these charities so she is a wonderful mother. I'm glad she finds in her financial situation that she helps needy children in other countries, but nothing replaces the care and love of your own mother and father.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I dont think she's a part time parent. She's a working mom. And I see that she's almost always with her children while she's not on set.
    I read her article in Vanity Fair, she said that she and Brad carefully picked the movies that they wanna be in. Because if they dont, that takes a lot of time away from their children. And the previous poster is right, you dont know their situations until you're in one.
    ShaniahsMama

Answer by ShaniahsMama at 1:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010