has anyone had to go to court to get permission to take your child with you out of state?

i have a son from a previous relationship (never married)- in illinois if the other parent disagrees you have to have the courts permission. ive had full custody for his entire life. im still scared im going to lose him tho because his father is manipulative and emotionally abusive and one of those guys who always gets what he wants at the expense of others. any advice or similiar situations???

hesmylove

Asked by hesmylove at 11:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Right now I dont have that problem because my ex is out of my kids lifes and will not step in a court room unless he is in cuffs. I am waiting for the day he decides to rear his ugly head, I will have this fear until my kids turn 18.
    nurdreams

Answer by nurdreams at 11:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2010