What is C1N1 rating and unspecified matter?

Had a biopsy and they said it was c1n1 with unspecified matter. What does that mean? They said I should come back in Jan. (6months for another pap with coloscopy for more tissue sampes) as well as second Pap in another 6 months. They said sometimes these issues resolve themselves. I am uncomfortable with long waits and such little information. I would like to see what I can do for better cervical health and hopefully seeing these issues resolved.

LiliFlowers

Asked by LiliFlowers at 11:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Health

• Do you perhaps mean CIN 1? That is how they type different cervical cell abnormalities. What it means is that your cervical cells are NOT normal, however CIN 1 is a low-grade abnormality (cervical dysplasia). Unspecified matter simply means they're not sure what is causing the abnormality. Have you been tested for HPV? If not, I would be.

80% of CIN 1 cases resolve on their own. Rest assured. I've had a CIN 1 result before, and it did resolve on it's own.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Don't feel bad, I got a letter from my OB about ASCUS cells... I freaked out until I realized that it is relatively normal.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010