If your Mom was given 6 months to live, what would you ask her or do with or for her?

My Mom was given 6 months to live. I want to make the most of our her time left, however long it will be. My brain is foggy from grief. I need suggestions.

shawneepaints

Asked by shawneepaints at 11:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Take LOTS of pics for your LO's. Maybe home videos. Take her on a vacation, maybe the beach? Tell her you love her a hundred times a day.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Share photos together get things for her you know she would like....(((HUGS)))
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 11:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• BTW, I';m truly sorry for your grief! My mom is my best friend (besides DH) and I really don't know what I would do.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Have a mother daughter day, get massages, watch movies, spend a few hours snuggling like you did when you where 4.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would ask her what she would like to do and make her wish come true. I am so sorry you are going through this but at least you have some time to make a wish come true. Hugs to you, and have strength for the both of you!

Answer by older at 11:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• - I would spend as much time with her as possible.. Go out of your way to do things with her and definatly take lots of pictures of your little ones with her. Always make sure no matter what tell her you love her everday. Take her to places she has always wanted to visit if you can. maybe do some day trips depending on what she is capable to do I am so sorry to hear about this. hugs to you..
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 11:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Just make extra special moments. Ask her what she wants to do...her bucket list if you would...of things she's always wanted to do, or stuff she's wanted to learn. Make it a happy time!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Wow, I'm so sorry. Besides the pictures and videos. I would do what ever she wanted to do, as above girl said The Bucket List. I would also sit down with her and do a family history, like a family tree and story of where anyone came from, who she can remember. Make a life story for your children. I would probably be with her every day. I don't go a day without at least speaking to my mom so I can't imagine this. I feel sorry for your families situation. Best wishes!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would do anything and everything to make her comfortable. Do what she wants to do. Spend a lot of time with her, but if she wants some alone time, I'd give her that too. I am so incredibly sorry for your situation.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2010