How do you decide who's opinion to go with????

My SO and I can't seem to comprimise on issues where we both think we are 'right'

This is just an example:

My SO's cousin live in Colorado. I've never met him. My SO seems to talk more about his cousins wife then he does his cousin. How she's a tiny little Russian ballarina, etc. This makes me a little uncomfortable. My SO invited them to come out for a visit (just an open ended offer) and told them they could stay in our home. We have a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house, so they would be on the floor somewhere... probably the living room. My SO didn't talk to me first and i'm not comfortable having people whom i've never met stay in my house, let alone a woman who seems to have my SO's interest. (He completely denies it though) so I asked if we could pay for them to stay in a hotel, he said no and told me i was wrong. We both think we are right, and I think paying for a hotel was the comprimise. How do we settle this now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• That's SO hard! I have come to the decision though, that as long as my hubby listens to my opionion and promises to consider it and pray about the decision. I, ultimately, will have a good attitude and try to go along with WHATEVER he finally decides. He is the Head of this Home, and it works best that way. That's what works for us.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 11:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If its more about the visit than them being in your home,I see no reason why he's being so bull headed about whether or not they're in a hotel. Unless your suspicions are correct......

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sometimes it doesn't matter who's right or wrong but what would solve the problem so you can move on. I think staying at the hotel is a good compromise. I think the fact that you're not comfortable with her staying at the house based on his behavior towards her is enough reason. He doesn't have to agree with your feelings. He just need to understand and respect your feelings.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 11:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2010