HOw do you cook your pork tenderloin?

besides the grill please..

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 11:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I also slice it up, and batter and fry it. Serve it with hot biscuits, gravy and potatoes. This is always a hit, lol.

When I cook it on the grill, I marinate it in steak seasoning and worchestshire sauce for several hours and then grill it.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I stuff it with sausage and bread crumbs.
    or apple stuffing

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/apple-stuffed-pork-loin-roast-recipe/index.html
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I leave it whole.. cut 2-3 slits vertically down the middle (depending on the size) and stuff the wholes with cloves of garlic and the greens from green onions.. I season it with seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic powder--cover it with butter and cook it in the oven! Its delicious!! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• do you add water to it before throwing it into the oven??
    Apr1l

Comment by Apr1l (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I put mine in the crock pot with some onions, potatoes, and carrots. I season the meat with salt, onion powder, pepper, and a little season salt. And I pour in one cup of water. The meat comes out so juicy and tender.
    MommyAnnaBanana

Answer by MommyAnnaBanana at 11:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Just the tenderloin? I do a quick rub of olive oil and then a dry herb/seasoning mix. Sometimes it's a rosemary/thyme/sage mix or sometimes it's just a quick shake of Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning.

I preheat the oven to 400, then preheat an oven-proof pan (not non-stick!) on the stove over high heat. Put the tenderloin in the pan to sear it on all sides, then into the oven for about 15 minutes until the internal temp is 160F.

Take it out, let it rest for about 10 minutes, then slice. If I'm lucky and didn't burn the seasoning mix while it was on the stove, I make a quick pan sauce, then serve with mashed potatoes and veg.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 11:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Keep in mind that the tenderloin is a long, lean, thin piece of meat, as opposed to a whole pork loin, which is more of a roast.

And I forgot to add that before I season the meat, I take off the sliverskin, which is an inedible bit of tendon.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 11:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have several recipes for pork tenderloin, and I just happen to be making one today.... I threw it in the crock pot and sprinkles with garlic and salt, added sauerkraut, chopped onion, apple juice and apple sauce and a little brown sugar. I also threw in some dried cranberries, I normally add chopped apple but realized too late that I don't have any. I'll serve that tonight with roasted broccoli.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• stuff it with spinach, and mushrooms and onions, chopped celery and such!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I only do it in the crock pot. Always with some liquid in the bottom. Never with veggies. Always seasoned. Sometimes we'll slice it up to eat with mashed potatoes etc, sometimes we'll cook it extra long and shred & bbq it for sandwiches.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010