What would you do? End the friendship? Or continue getting dumped on?

So my friend wants to take her son to the beach and calls me making plans. I tell her that it's a wonderful idea and so on. We agree on 11:30AM. I call and leave her a message at 10:30AM saying "Hey I'm going to run an errand and I'll meet you down there at 11:30". Long story short I waited there until almost 2:00PM and they never showed. Her excuse............"We slept in". WTH???????? To me this is a sign of immaturity and lack of respect. If you werent going to set your alarm couldnt you have atleast called me and told me??? I'm really conflicted about this friendship, lots of drama not to mention she has stood me up before........what to do?!

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• A true friend would not break off a friendship over this, things happen and some people don't keep their word but it certainly not a reason to break it off, just beware of her flaw and work around it.

Answer by older at 11:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• That is incredibly rude. I would not be making plans with this person anymore.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• For that you want to end your friendship? God I have been friends with people for over 15 years and somtimes we bail on each other. How long have you been friends with her to want to not be friends over this? It is not a big deal, you enjoied your day without them right? So what is the big deal?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would just end the friendship, or at least stop making any plans with her and when she asks why tell her you dont like making plans with people who dont show up
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't think I'd break it off if you think she is a friend. But I definitely would think twice about making plans with her if you are relying on her to follow through.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I say don't worry too much about it. It may be easier to let the friendship become more casual. Don't dump her as a friend. Immature people need friends just as much as anyone else, and to dump someone because they're immature is being a worse friend than the immature one. Try to lay off a little bit, don't make as many plans with her. And if it will help, make a few more mature friends. That might help even things out a bit.

My best friend used to be like this. I'm glad we stayed friends, there have been times that she really needed me.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would be upset. That was incredibly rude of her! I don't know why some people find it acceptable to stand people up. I wouldn't necessarily end the friendship, but I would NOT initiate any plans with her , and I wouldn't even agree to any for a while. If she asks why, I'd flat out tell her that it's bc she's stood you up other times. Let her realize that that was not okay. I understand in forgiveness, but you don't deserve to be stood up like that. That shows lack of respect and consideration.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think that it's rude and i just wouldn't make definite plans with her for a while. Make casual plans where your day won't be ruined because she didn't show.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 12:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Thanks everyone for your advice. I suppose I will be very careful about making plans with her in the future.
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've had friends do this to me, some called some didn't . And I've cancelled plans (I always call though, no matter how last minute it is). I think it's just a natural part of life. Stuff always comes up, especially with children. My biggest issue would be that she didn't have the common courtesy to call and let you know, especially since it was her idea! I think I'd have a long talk with her before I ended the friendship.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010