help my son

my son woke up at 10 am...which is late for him since he is usually up by 8....he walked into the living room and started puking yellow stuff...i gave him a cup of water after about an hour of the puking stopping...he threw it all back up about 30 mins later.....he fell asleep and then woke up to puke and fell back to sleep instantly...What can I do ??? I am concerned...about dehydration and febrile seizures... because the last time he was sick he had one..... he is 2 years old

rylansmommy4108

Asked by rylansmommy4108 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• take him to the doctor.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• calling the doctor would be my first step
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would call the doctor and see what they say.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would call the doctor. Poor little guy. :(
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Since he has a history of seizures, I would be speaking to your doctor! The yellow vomit is likely bile. If you have any popsicles, try and give him one to keep his blood sugar up. See if he will eat a few goldfish crackers (or equivalent) to help absorb the stomach acid.

If you can send someone to your local pharmacy store--ask them to pick up some Emetrol for Nausea for you--cherry or orange flavor--it sweet tasting, and will help "coat" his stomach and at least stop the vomiting.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• B/c of the seizures, I'd call the doc. In the meantime, try giving him a popsicle. That way he isn't ingesting a lot at once so it doesn't trigger the gag reflex. GL and I hope he gets to feeling better!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I called his dr they didnt seem concerned...told me to just give him the brat diet...but im just concerned about him throwing up so much
    rylansmommy4108

Comment by rylansmommy4108 (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010