Do you ever feel like you're talking to a wall?

I was reading over some of yesterdays questions & doing vote ups for the answers. I read though the question about "What ONE thing would you want people to know" and then my question about "What book would you want someone to read" Both questions had a similar point, to say "Hey, this is what I believe - stop believing propaganda and lies."

Then I read some other rather disturbing answers to some of the questions as well... And I just kept thinking, "I know you read the answers above you, so are you posting this JUST to look ignorant and hateful, or do you really believe this crap?"

I feel sometimes as if I'm just talking to the wall... Why is it so much easier for people to believe propaganda and rumor than to actually believe that people who walk these paths just might know what we are talking about?

**Sorry, I guess this is more of a rant than a question, but GRR!**

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "God is Great, beer is good and people are CRAZY!!!! PERIOD
    Call4me

Answer by Call4me at 11:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• ^^^^^^^
    love it!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• popcorn

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I understand!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Many many times. I was rather glad when Cafemom added this particular sweetpea so I could express my frustrations with the wall.

banging head into wall

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Talking to god is talking to the Brick Wall. Talking to christians is like trying to chip away at that wall with a toothpick. They prefer their fantasy to reality. They prefer slavery to freedom. All we can do is keep evangelizing our POV and hope we catch one of those christians who is finally starting to question their belief in the impossible and who might be ready to leave their imaginary and abusive god.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It is definitely like talking to a brick wall.  The problem is that I keep expecting an intelligent answer.  Oh well, my bad!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• You know it is like talking a brick wall. I keep trying to make ppl understand and grasp even a bit of how much God loves them, but they are like a brick wall, with no thought process, just stubborn in their own mindset that there is no God. I can't even imagine how much this hurts Him to watch the people he created to treat Him this way. I really feel sorry for you guys. There is a lot of love that you're missing out on.crying miniembarrassed

yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 1:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Odd how this ties into another question in P&CE about whether or not disagreement = hate. Some people are not capable of looking beyond themselves. It makes them uncomfortable to look outside the little bubble where they are right about everything, so when they are faced with something that disagrees with them, they recoil. When they are asked to see something from another perspective, they get defensive and make up all the excuses of why they shouldn't have to and if something doesn't bother them, everyone else should get over it. What's scary is the dedication to it - a single religious outlook or a single racist PoV or even just a single childish behavior like calling people gay or retard. It all boils down to the same issue - an unwillingness to have empathy for someone else's perspective.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• .Talking to christians is like trying to chip away at that wall with a toothpick. ~  fantasy ~   All we can do is keep  evangelizing our POV ~ their belief in the impossible ~ imaginary and abusive god.  

Oh sweet mary mother of God. You DO realize that this shows you to be a hypocrite right?  Because EVERYTHING you are accusing Christians of doing you are doing RIGHT THERE. They could say the SAME things about you! Look, I am all for respecting others beliefs but THIS is the crap that make ME beat MY head against the wall...PURE HATEFUL and she got voted UP THREE TIMES! insanity. 

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2010