how many of you are pro choice

But would never actually have an abortion yourself?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Abortion is not what I would choose for me, necessarily - but I am pro choice because what I choose for me is for ME - I have no right to make such a choice for anyone else.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 2:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Me. I am absolutely 100% pro choice. I would never personally have an abortion, unless there's some crazy circumstance like I'll die if I carry the baby kind of thing....and even then it would be a very very hard decision.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• But I should add that its easy for me to say I'd never do it, as I managed to make it through life without getting pregnant until I wanted to and I am happily married.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm pro-choice, but I doubt I would ever have an abortion myself unless it was medically necessary. That's where the choice comes in (unless it's one of those situations where I'm unable to make the decision).
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm pro choice. But I don't know that I'd NEVER have an abortion. I don't think I ever would, but that's easy to say as I'm in a position to care for a child and am not afraid of a child with special needs. But, if I were to die and leave the child with special needs I already have without a mother, etc., I don't know what I'd do. So, never say never, I guess.

That so didn't answer your question did it, lol.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 12:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am very pro-choice. And although I haven't, I think I would if I felt the need. But I'm not a fan of Abortion in general, but I see it as something that should be and needs to be legal! - For quite a few reasons!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would not have an abortion unless it was medically necessary, but I am also not "pro-choice". One person's right to swing their fist ends where the next person's nose begins - that is to say, I believe that people should have the right to do as they wish UNLESS doing so would harm another person, and abortion clearly falls under the latter.
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 12:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• The woman I am now wouldn't get one,but the woman I was in the past would. My life is more stable now so abortion isn't really an issue for me now. I'm pro choice in cases of rape,incest,and if the mom's life is in danger ONLY. The only way I'd have one now is if i was raped.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I fall into that category. The way I see it you can't legislate morality. And also making it legal wouldn't stop women from getting abortions. Women had abortions in the pre-Roe vs Wade days. At that time, they often had them in unsafe/unsanitary ways (with a metal hanger, for example) or by quack doctors. Many of them ended up with severe injuries or infections and some of them died. Keep abortion legal keeps the procedure in hospitals and clinics where it belongs.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Hmm...that's an interesting question. I think I would consider myself pro-choice in some ways. Women have lots of choices. Have sex or don't have sex. That's a choice. If you have sex, use BC or not. That's a choice. What type of BC do you use? Another choice. If you get pregnant, do you keep the baby or place the baby for adoption? Yet another choice.

I'm pro-choice. I'm anti-abortion. I'm pro-life.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010