Did you know?

Did you know Jimmy Carter and his democrat controlled congress (the 70's) are hugely to blame for our troubles today? Certainly the current president has only been compounding the troubles.Under Jimmy Carter we got the Community Reinvestment Act which forced banks to lower standards so unqualified applicants could get mortgages.Clinton forced them to lower standards even further.Janet Reno threatened legal action if banks failed to give loans to people who could not afford them.Franklin Raines was appointed by Clinto to take over Fannie Mae and Raines bought up a large portion of those bad loans,then falsified Fannie Mae financial reports so that he could recieve 90,000,000.00 in bonuses over 5 yrs.Chris Dodd surpressed efforts by republlicans to reign in the corruption at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• So what I am getting from this post that has no question, is that all Democrates are evil and bad for the government?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• ^^^ I believe the TITLE of the post contains the QUESTION..."Did you know?"

LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Did I know that this post was just posted to show hatred? YES!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Hatred? Lol.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 12:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes, I know that republicans like to blame all the evils on dems...sure did know that

Did you know that the last 30 years, 20 of them were led by a republican prez?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

Whats the source? Is this a C & P job??? LOL...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I actually did know. Yes, thanks.
    I believe it actually goes back further than that, to getting rid of the Gold Standard, and then further on to NAFTA, and things of that nature.

D, it's not hate, it's truth Right now, you hold that democratic name to you like a shield... both parties have their issues, and it can be said, fairly, that democrats will bankrupt the country in the war against poverty. A war that cannot be won by government.

Meanwhile, Republicans will bankrupt us for a whole host of other reasons... the war on drugs, their own pork packages, their own beaurocracy and morality laws.

If we are ever going to move on as a nation, we need to get past the "our party is perfect" ideaology.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sweet, I love how we are stating the obvious and voted down! Ahhhh the immaturity's of some people amuse me so!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Why post something about a president from the '70's if not for hatred? If it were something good nobody would post it and you all know it! It is hatred towards Democrates. I am no party in my heart. I am registered Democrate though, so what? I do not hold anything up like a sheild. It is the simple fact of this president was in office what 30 years ago or so right? Yeah so why should it matter now? How many different presidents have we had since him and nothing has been fixed. Leave it alone now!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Once again, Sweets...I am NOT the OP!! You should know by now that I'm not afraid to say what I want on CafeMom...why would I start NOW?!?!

sticking out tongue

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010